I was just wondering, there is certainly truth in every idiom, For example– “For every cloud, there is a silver lining.” “It never rains, it pours.” “ Things can’t get any worse than this – or could they?”
When we were in KL – dad with his spinal nerve problem, and me falling down from the steps – bad. But there was Paul at hand to see to the little necessary details – that’s good. Then yesterday my car tyre was punctured (that’s a cloud) but on thinking back, the wheel gave way only when I reached home. That morning, I was driving all round town – to the hospital, to the bank, to the telecoms, to Inanam and to the supermarket. I call it divine grace. I could have been stranded anywhere in one of these places. Then there was Paul to the rescue. Dad, with his condition, was in no position to help to change the tyre. Paul deftly changed the tyre. That’s the silver lining. I had promised Annie today to help out in packing the Christmas gifts for the children’s party.
Things were looking good. This morning I drove to the market. Bought what I needed for the week and got ready to go to Air Asia office to get plane ticket for dad ( he had to fly to KL for another meeting) and after that I would go to church as promised. Unfortunately, as I drove out to the main road, there was grating sound coming from the aforesaid tyre. The tyre was flat! Things couldn’t be any worse! I had to get the plane ticket or else dad wouldn’t be able to attend the meeting. Frantically I called a few friends – the cell phones went unanswered. Finally got Paul – instructed him to go to Airasia to get the ticket. Cars, trucks, busses, motorbikes passed by – hmmm damsel in distress. Some gestured – Do I need help? I daren’t take up their offer. Luckily I managed to get our regular mechanic – Tong Seng and he sent a man over. Sigh of relief – Problem solved. Again I called it divine grace – I was within walking distance from home when this happened. I could have been stranded at some traffic junction or worse.
Lesson learnt – always checked your car tyre before you drive. Check your spare tyre every now and then. The mechanic said I should have get it pumped every month or so. Don’t rely too heavily on hubby to look after your car – and always have a contingency plan in case of emergencies like this. As I was waiting for my mechanic to come, I was wondering how my sister, the aspiring mechanic would have handled it. This is not my typical day!!
When we were in KL – dad with his spinal nerve problem, and me falling down from the steps – bad. But there was Paul at hand to see to the little necessary details – that’s good. Then yesterday my car tyre was punctured (that’s a cloud) but on thinking back, the wheel gave way only when I reached home. That morning, I was driving all round town – to the hospital, to the bank, to the telecoms, to Inanam and to the supermarket. I call it divine grace. I could have been stranded anywhere in one of these places. Then there was Paul to the rescue. Dad, with his condition, was in no position to help to change the tyre. Paul deftly changed the tyre. That’s the silver lining. I had promised Annie today to help out in packing the Christmas gifts for the children’s party.
Things were looking good. This morning I drove to the market. Bought what I needed for the week and got ready to go to Air Asia office to get plane ticket for dad ( he had to fly to KL for another meeting) and after that I would go to church as promised. Unfortunately, as I drove out to the main road, there was grating sound coming from the aforesaid tyre. The tyre was flat! Things couldn’t be any worse! I had to get the plane ticket or else dad wouldn’t be able to attend the meeting. Frantically I called a few friends – the cell phones went unanswered. Finally got Paul – instructed him to go to Airasia to get the ticket. Cars, trucks, busses, motorbikes passed by – hmmm damsel in distress. Some gestured – Do I need help? I daren’t take up their offer. Luckily I managed to get our regular mechanic – Tong Seng and he sent a man over. Sigh of relief – Problem solved. Again I called it divine grace – I was within walking distance from home when this happened. I could have been stranded at some traffic junction or worse.
Lesson learnt – always checked your car tyre before you drive. Check your spare tyre every now and then. The mechanic said I should have get it pumped every month or so. Don’t rely too heavily on hubby to look after your car – and always have a contingency plan in case of emergencies like this. As I was waiting for my mechanic to come, I was wondering how my sister, the aspiring mechanic would have handled it. This is not my typical day!!
3 comments:
Can't remember my password thus have not been in contact.Computer is a blessing but all those passwords to remember! I am getting senile, memory loss, have to write down car bay no. nowadays so i am able to find my car in the car park! Beside that I am still well and kicking!
Please send me the report so I will be able to get some medical opinion. Don't delay, physio will only help with muscular not nerve problems.
I always check the tyres, including the spare as i have no "abang" to depend on, so flat spare will not be a problem. Paul and Sam plus the rest of the younger generation need to be more hands on. It is always good to know how things work. So glad you are positive and philosophical my dear sister, like you say"there is always a silver lining...."
Merry Xmas to everyone and Happy, Prosperous 2006 . Love you all.
Xmas is round the corner and I am still not organised. Every year I told myself I will send greeting cards on time , every year they got sent out just before Xmas, most arrived in the new year!I am just hopeless with birthdays and festive season.
This year I am going to Brad's family for Xmas, might have my own family gathering on Boxing day (still not organised!)Things will turn out OK, might be last minute rush, will be chaotic, but it will be OK.(I hope)
Y is going to Melbourne in January, E and Brad will be going to Japan in late January. The kids just refused to go away on holidays with me nowadays after the last American trip; they do not understand I was depressed and still suffered from the shock of the trauma (I was labelled as Psycho!) Well I am not complaining, no more having to carry their backpacks and worrying about them catching the chill. I can now go "Geriatric backpacking"! Three cheers for freedom!!!
Enjoy your freedom!Have a wonderful Christmas.
Post a Comment