Friday, April 28, 2006

WITHDRAWAL SYMPTHOMS

There's a new addiction in Khidmat - it's called "Remote Control Gadget" addiction. If one is infront of the TV, there's an urge of hold it, to monopolise it and to play with it. One gets agitated and there is a general sense of dis-ease if the gadget is out of reach.I have tried to wean your dad from this addiction and I think your dad is suffering from such withdrawal sympthoms. It seems to a male- dormain thing. I noticed the boys were hugging the same gadget when they were back home then. Hmm...
On another note, I noticed that the telephones of my children seem to function in inverse proportion to their bank account. The lower their bank account, there more frequent the phone calls home, the fatter their bank account, the telephone seems to malfunction - no point calling them - all you get is ringing tone or message.
There was a story in the reader's digest whereby a father related an episode of his college-going offspring. His son who almost never write, faxed a message to his father "No Mon, No Fun, Your Son" to which the father replied, "How Sad, Too Bad, Your Dad" The nest day, the son faxed another message "Dad, I need cash urgently" The dad faxed back. " Ok , find a cheque in the next fax" Got the message? We might just do that.

1 comment:

Alfred Lee said...

Check me out, I have no craving for the remote control. Mom has suddenly developed strong affinity for holding the control in her hands. There is weaning work to do. Hope I am successful !