Wednesday, November 01, 2006

THE FREQUENT FLIER

Now that I'm a frequent flier, I can memorise the airline fare - which is inevitably " Ma'am, we have chicken with rice and fish with noodles... what would you like ?........ or we have chicken with noodles and fish with rice.... or would you like noodles with chicken or rice with fish ...?" The dessert would be honeydew aand papaya or custard - with the crust as hard as rock. So the latest fare ( today) came as a surprise : "Fish cutlets with fried rice and macaroni with stewed beef and there was a side dish of sushi "- yum!!
It had been hectic week - with Hari Raya celebrations, dad and I went on our rounds to visit the lecturers' homes and sampled all the different kuehs and dishes. Took lots of photos - the lecturers were excited when I told them I will be forming a committee to print the institut's news bulletin and all their faces will be featured in this inaugural news bulletin.
Meanwhile, the BIG BOSS from KL called to say he would be coming right after Raya to our Institut on a working visit - as usual with this kind of visit, the institut would be in a frenzy of activities - sprucing up here, repairs there - and everyone was pushed to work overtime but it was worth it. The hall was beautifully decorated, the meeting room sported a new look and everyone was in smiles when the BIG MAN arrived. Everything went off as planned. My BOSS was pleased with the outcome of the visit and we congratulated ourselves on a job well done.

2 comments:

Serenely said...

Miss the hari raya kueh....

jenQker said...

let the rawness of the architecture speak for itself...