Sunday, March 22, 2009
ON BEING BUSY
The business of being busy is doing very well. Everyone i know seems to be busy at one thing or another. And it's not just work. Somehow, people seem to think that if they're seen to be busy, they're not important enough. So adults, besides busy with work, also take time to be busy doing some hobby or another. Teenagers, besides busy with school work, spend time busy at their computer, ipods or mobile. Even children have no time to stand and stare. So I'm glad for festivals, where we have to put aside time to relate with our families. Moments like there are rare indeed.......
To see the cousins have a bit of fun together without adult interference .......... savour the moments.
Just last month, I had the opportunity to visit Kampong Ragadong, a remote village in Ranau. My students were on a field trip and I decided to pop in to look. The people here are so friendly and hospitable.
We were feted to delicious local fare ...... hinava or raw fish, jungle vegetables (like pakis or ferns), pickled banana stems and hill rice. The rice was freshly harvested and hence was very aromatic - especially wrapped in leaves.
The view of Mt. Kinabalau was awesome... unfortunately I could spot areas of deforestation.
Labels:
Nephews & Nieces,
Work Related
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment