Saturday, June 05, 2010

ON COMING HOME

The initial plan was just kk-sin-kk but as IPG Tun Hussein Onn in BP was holding her convocation on 3rd June, I decided to accept their invitation and extend my stay to BP. The building may be old and worn, and the house a tad uncomfortable, but coming back to my childhood home always evoke a sense of nostalgia. Thankfully, this time around, my eldest sister offered her home to us and generously threw in her hubby's car as well. It was an offer too good to miss. So this holiday in BP, hubby had very, very good night's sleep.

  There were some improvements to the house - floor tiled. But the place is such a mess. Such a far cry from the time when we were young. Mum was v house proud and everything was spic and span. She always insisted that we put back whatever we use to its original place. A habit I apply to this day. But nowadays, she has become a hoarder.

  Mum had complained that my dad was getting weaker by the day - so lethargic. He just wanted to sleep the whole day - he wasn't eating well. So I bought then a mini blender-grinder. A very useful device that could be used to make shakes, fruit juices etc. After all, she also said she does not have a grinder.

  Imagine my surprise when rummaging through her cupboard, were 3 blenders! I confronted her about it - why, oh why was she keeping those devices? Her defence was that they weren't working well."So throw them away," I said. "Later," she said. "Maybe some parts can be replaced." Hmm... I think they will be standing there the next time I come home. I hope she will put my gift to good use though and not just hoard it.

  BP and Kluang are food lovers' paradise. In Kluang, my brother took us to Tangkak Beef. The beef soup was simply delicious. So soft and tender and aromatic. Hubby had 2 helpings!!

  After the beef soup, we adjourned to the famous Kluang Rail Coffee Shop. The coffee was certainly very good and the toast was much better than the ones at the "Toast Box' in Singapore.
    Look at my dad - looking so cheerful. In fact we were surprised by his energy - he went about with us everywhere.
  
  
  
In Sri Gading, he could even match hubby bite for bite. He had lontong and teh tarik together with us. And when hubby continued his eating spree with roti canai and another cu[ of teh tarik right after lontong, he too had the same thing!

  
In BP, my sis belanja-ed us dinner and she took us for yum cha. Mustn't come back too often or we'll be putting on the kilos.

1 comment:

jenQker said...

the old house seems to be shrinking smaller and smaller... or perhaps my eyes have gradually begun to see bigger and bigger things.