Saturday, April 02, 2011

LETTING GO



This weekend dad suddenly decided it was time to clear the closet of stuff. We had discussed throwing away the old tapes, gadgets, etc as they could not be screened. Finally after years of procrastination, he said : Time to throw away those tapes. The children won't need them anymore.' The impetus was of course, our faithful VCD recorder broke down. So out goes loads and loads of tapes, ole computer wires, ole streamyx thingy and books of manuals - Nokia hp, acer laptops, canon printers).

I am glad to rid of the old stuff and yet as I packed those stuff in boxes, I couldn't help reminiscing on how the children have grown up with those tapes. Those tapes marked their growth stages. First were the Disney cartoons "Mickey and Donald", then the comedies like "Here's Lucy", then the "NBAs", and Tennis matches and then moving to full fledge movies like "The Pink Panther".


The children's all time favourite.....


Another milestone in our lives.

1 comment:

jenQker said...

NOOOOOO!!!!