My sister first introduced me to the air fryer that Suanie bought. She waxed lyrical about the oil-less method of frying chicken nuggets and french fries. I decided to get one too. Thanks to Suanie's groupon, I am now a proud owner of a Philips's Air Fryer.
Couldn't wait to try it out. These are some of the food that I cooked using the new fryer.
First dish was chicken nuggets. I sliced the chicken (breast) about 3mm thick, marinated the chicken and coat them in breadcrumbs. Cooked at 180 C for 15 min for 1st batch and 12 min for 2nd batch. Then I prepared gravy and coat the chicken in gravy. The chicken was crispy although a bit dry. Will have to adjust the time.
Second dish was grilled 'pasong' (like sardines). We usually fry this kind of fish till crispy - so a lot of oil is used. I marinated the fish with salt and pepper and rub 1/2 dessertspoon of oil on the fish. Then I air fried the fish for 12 minutes at 180 C. When done, I drizzled sweet soy sauce on the fish. It was delicious. The fish was just right and the sweetness of the fish is maintained. Best of all - no oil spatter in the kitchen.
Then I decided to make Taiwan Crispy Onion (Scallion)Pancake. After kneading, rolling and shaping the pancake, I put one in the air fryer - 180 C for 10 minutes. The result? Rock hard pancake ( left pic) . The one on the right is done using non-stick pan. The pan-fried method was better. The pancake was crispy and soft like roti canai.Here's to a more healthy lifestyle!!
3 comments:
I've heard of it... wow, so you got one! I'm quite intrigued at how it works. Nathan will definitely love those chicken nuggets and fries
Yup. Bought the fryer in anticipation of his visit
yum...
Post a Comment