The year 2014 has been an eventful year. On the religious front, the court ruled the Al-Khitab containing the word "ALLAH" could not be used by Christians in Selangor. There were attempts to create racial and religious tensions in the country. Then MH 370 mysteriously disappeared. Another Malaysian plane was shot down in Ukraine and then a few days ago, Air Asia flying from Surabaya to Singapore crashed into Java Sea. We feel the pain of those families who lost their loved ones.The heavy rain wrecked havoc in many states in Malaysia, causing severe flooding in many parts of the country. So much loss and suffering these flood victims had undergone! Sigh. What a grim end to 2014. However for me personally, the year ended in a thankful note.
Most Christians would be familiar with the parable of "The Lost Coin" in Luke 15:8-10. I remember narrating (in Bahasa Malaysia!) this parable many years ago, to a group of children in Keningau BCCM. Just as the woman rejoiced over finding the lost coin, so the angels in Heaven rejoiced over one sinner who repents. Little would I imagine that I would experience the same sensation.
Many months ago, sometime in September this year I went for my usual morning jog. Normally I would not put on my glasses as I could drive without wearing my glasses. However, that morning was dark and cloudy and I decided to bring my glasses - just in case. After the morning exercise, I stopped by to buy some fish and fruits. It was my usual practice to buy some fresh food for the day. It was a busy day for me - with no maid, I had to do not just the cooking, the housework......but the garden too.
In the evening I realised that my glasses were missing. I was not worried - must be somewhere in the house. The next day, I started searching in earnest for my glasses - not anywhere in my bag, nor were they on any of the tables, not in any drawers, ditto the car....... WHERE were the glasses? I combed the house, looked in EVERY nook and corner. I swept and mopped the floor dozens of times. I went back to Bukit Padang and retraced my steps....... checked under the cars in the parking lot.... blank. Meanwhile, there was a bit of teasing from the other half - 'Age is catching up........ slight memory loss eh?' 'Where was the last time you put the glasses?' etc...etc...
Those glasses were expensive - cost me a good RM900/- I was reluctant to make new ones. So I prayed and prayed and prayed. 'Oh God, help me remember where I placed those glasses ....... O God, make those glasses appear somewhere........Oh God, let the glasses be in a safe place - don't allow them to be broken!.....Oh God, if I can't find the glasses, then heal me of my short-sight!' I went to see my optician and he pronounced my eyesight remained the same. Of course he was disappointed that I didn't want to make new ones. Somehow I believe one thing or another would happen. Either I find the glasses or my eyesight be improved!
Today is the last day of 2014. I did a bit of spring cleaning. The flowers along the driveway looked overgrown and unruly. I decided to trim the flowers. As I bend down to cut the stems, LO AND BEHOLD.... there lay my long lost glasses. They were covered in dirt ....BUT they were intact!!
Today is the last day of 2014. I did a bit of spring cleaning. The flowers along the driveway looked overgrown and unruly. I decided to trim the flowers. As I bend down to cut the stems, LO AND BEHOLD.... there lay my long lost glasses. They were covered in dirt ....BUT they were intact!!
Hallelujah! How I rejoiced to see them again. So my prayers no. 2 and 3 were answered!!
Hallelujah! Grateful end to 2014! Looking forward to 2015. My prayers that 2015 will be a year of fruitfulness and significance.
Happy New Year 2015 to you all. May you be blessed by the grace and favour of the Lord!!
p/s




3 comments:
lo ad behold indeed!
-sam
Indeed!
Post a Comment