Everyone in the family has a blog and I am under pressure to have one too. After much thought , I decided that this would be a good way to record my thoughts for my children.
On mother's day, dad spoke on Proverbs 31 :25 "She laughed at the days to come.." The question was : Why did the woman in Proverbs laugh ? Was she overconfident ? No, it was because she placed her confidence on God. This brought me to my favourite verse in Proverbs 3 :5,6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not (just) lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your path." This verse has been my guide throughout my career as wife, mother and teacher.
As I looked back, I am amazed at how the Lord led me and guided me in those days - through the highs and the lows, the great and not so great times. As a young bride - in a strange place, no friends and surrounded by people who speak a different language - I almost wanted to go home. ( No matter how loving and wonderful your husband is - there are times you feel lost) But turning to the Lord, I found new friends, learn the language ( and can now speak almost like a local) and grew to love the place.
As a mother, relying on Dr. Spock's book and reading it like a bible - wondering "Am I doing the right thing ? Have I made the right decision?" I asked for wisdom from the Lord and He gave me the heart to mother my children - now as I look at my 3 grown children, I haven't done too badly, eh ? Praise the Lord
As a teacher and the principal - with no experience as how to run a school - I literally begged for wisdom - and the Lord put the right words in my mouth to say the right thing at the right time - sometimes I am amazed at myself - how did I come to say what I just said ? - to discipline a wayward student ; to handle a difficult parent ; to motivate a reluctant teacher ( who doesn't want to do the extra work..) The Lord is good indeed and I want my children and children to continue to taste the goodness of the Lord - to fear and to love the Lord.
1 comment:
Hi mom... welcome to the blogging community! It will be so lovely to be able to put down your thoughts in black and white (or pink in your case - that's our blog's theme colour)... and know that you have an attentive audience to read and pore over your words.
Post a Comment