I was waiting for Paul to respond to this Chicken Mackumbay thing. He hasn't claimed credit for its creation or has he forgotten that he started that joke ? When the children were young, Saturdays were our night out - we would decide where to go for dinner, what to eat.... invariably they would choose KFC - that chicken stuff again. Hey, let's have some variation - so the children suggested - roast chicken, steam chicken, kicap chicken, and so on .. then Paul said "How about chicken mackumbay ?" The rest of the kids roared with laughter .. and then that's how it started. Sam, our family artise and poet, composed the "Chicken Mackumbay ' song. Each time we're stuck on what to eat, the chicken mackumbay would come in.
I've an idea- whyh don't we come out with a special chicken mackumbay recipe - patent it and sell it in Serene's cafe - we'll even create a franchise for it !!
4 comments:
first we would have know what mackumbay means...
How old was Paul when he concocted the Chicken Mackumbay? This is so amazing! I never knew this before, or maybe I've just forgotten.
Moms are essential for this type of thing... for remembering the little things that make up the interesting polka dots in our fabric of life... I'm so glad you were so much part of our life to be able to remember this... it's the kind of thing that makes one smile remembering it
Was it me??? can't remember, i can might recall coming up with "chicken mackumbay" ... hhhmmm ...sometimes...kids just come-up with random stuff and it becomes legend...like sam and his "prince and princess" piano piece.
yeah , all those creative juices
Post a Comment