Thursday, August 18, 2005

Uganu for Dinner

This afternoon I received a call from my niece : "Birthday Greetings for Aunt!" How nice. As I was on the road, we weren't able to carry on any lengthy conversation. The long and short of it is, she would be coming to visit come November. I look forward to that. Dad smiled when I told him of her call. He's always fond of his niece.
Sam called in the evening : He remembered !!
Funny though, in this hard and cold world, the business community is also interested in my birthday. Received several birthday greetings from my friendly bank :- offering products at discounted prices. My beauty salon offered promotional items. Do they think I'm such a sucker?
Dinner tonight was at a Japanese restaurant : I had eel rice- uganu. Daqd had some set meal. It's ironic that when you reach the age when you can afford to eat, you have to restict what you want to eat ; not too sweet - diabetic ; too salty - high blood pressure; too oily - cholesterol..... the list goes on...... No complaints though, I'm happy to be where I am, what I am. Praise God!

No comments: