Lately we have been on a diet of Korean soap drama. Intriguiging, heart-rendering soap. It all started when dad was away in Shanghai and with so much free time, I began to surf the channels. Then the title 'Love Story in Harvard' caught my attention. I caught the dramatic part where the heroine was before the Medical Disciplinary Committee over some breach of medical ethics. At the crucial time, the hero dashed in and pleaded her case based on the law of the Godd Samaritan. Wow! I was hooked. Dad teased me about my addiction - but soon he was hooked too. After each episode, he would fume about the hero - so chauvanistic and the heroine - why does she take such crap from the hero? The plot is so unrealistic - but we are in suspended disbelief. The series is going to end soon - I'm glad - it's taking too much of my time. I have decided not to watch another Korean series. My impression of Korean men after this ? They are all MCP or have totally base morals. The women are unbelievably compliant. Korean language is so guttural !!
4 comments:
I've just got back from a church seminar "Cleansing Stream Ministry" Apparently the word "vow' is really too strong for mundane use. You make a vow to God, marriage vows etc.You don't break vows - there are serious consequences to it. So the word 'vow' not to watch another Korean drama series is too strong. I may probably break it.So I have decided not to get too entangled in another of those soaps
Forgive her inability too keep her promise not to watch the Korean soap drama. She is only human !
haha. i know what u all mean. it IS indeed addictive even though the plot can be so rediculously overtly dramatic and irritating. sigh. that's i stay real far away from it.
Someone have just lend me the Korean movie "The ROse' all 46 CD! Anyone seen this movie?
Post a Comment