Ryan and family just left for KL. For the last few days, the house has been filled with nursery rhymes, cries of baby and baby cooing. Five perfectly sane adults talking gibberish. This little tyke, who eats, sleeps and pees (refuses to poo) and does nothing else, rules ! His slightest twitch of a smile filled us with such wonder and joy. At the slightest grunt of discomfort, we were at his side. I bet even King Solomon, for all his wealth and power doesn’t have this kind of service. Baby better appreciate that !!
Well, the house is quiet once more, and we go back to our routine – but for baby, life will not be the same again. He has seen much and experienced much and this probably will whet his appetite for more ( Ha! Ha! Ha! I’m going to take over the world – evil laugh).
As I was packing an angpow gift for the baby, I was pondering what blessing I wish for him. Happiness, wealth, strength and beauty? Happiness and wealth are such subjective values – one can have so much and yet not be happy and another can have so little and yet feel on top of the world. It is a subject that sages often debated upon. [ Better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a fatted ox and hatred with it – Proverbs 15:17 ] Strength and beauty, much valued assets in our society, will fade with time. So I decided to bless him with grace and wisdom. As he grows up, Ryan will need grace to relate with others of his peers. He will need grace to take barbs and unkindness. He will need grace to build inner strength. The bible also talks of wisdom as a valuable asset. I would want Ryan to have the wisdom (not just cleverness) to do (and say) the right things to the right person at the right time (Don’t we all wish for that too, huh?) He will listen to advice and accept instruction. [ Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gets understanding, for the gain from it is better than gain from silver and its profits better than gold – Proverbs 3:13-14 ] So grace and wisdom – Baby, you’ve got a long walk ahead of you !!
6 comments:
who is this Ryan fella? relatives?
He's your nephew...
Who??
He's the product of whom may i ask?
Hui Min's baby boy. I am now a grand aunt. You people are uncles and aunt
hui min?!?!? she's married? and theres kids?? since when? how did it happen?
I think it's a long story. Just accept the fact that you are now an uncle.
Post a Comment