My Senior Assistants will be receiving a wonderful surprise gift from me next week. They will receive 2 Lunch vouchers each – for buffet lunch at the Promenade. Why this sudden generosity? Actually this is courtesy of the Edu. Dept.
I had applied for some funds to run a workshop for “Strategic Planning – The Next 5 Years” The funds were duly approved and when I checked the amount in the warrant, instead of RM8,500/- , there was RM20,000/- !! Upon checking with the Edu. Officer, they admitted that the clerk had made a typing error. ( How does one confuse 8500 with 20000 is beyond me) Anyway, seeing it is coming to the end of the year, and near the closing of account, would I able to spend the extra bonus given ? Would I !! Could I !! Just try me…. And I walked away happily with the extras.
So we will have a workshop in Promenade Hotel. My SA deserve it – poor overworked, underpaid, much maligned faithful co-workers. They had been wholly supportive of me when I implemented unpopular programs ( such as extra classes ) – defending me, and convincing the reluctant ones to pull in their weight. I’m glad to be able to give them something like this.
I had applied for some funds to run a workshop for “Strategic Planning – The Next 5 Years” The funds were duly approved and when I checked the amount in the warrant, instead of RM8,500/- , there was RM20,000/- !! Upon checking with the Edu. Officer, they admitted that the clerk had made a typing error. ( How does one confuse 8500 with 20000 is beyond me) Anyway, seeing it is coming to the end of the year, and near the closing of account, would I able to spend the extra bonus given ? Would I !! Could I !! Just try me…. And I walked away happily with the extras.
So we will have a workshop in Promenade Hotel. My SA deserve it – poor overworked, underpaid, much maligned faithful co-workers. They had been wholly supportive of me when I implemented unpopular programs ( such as extra classes ) – defending me, and convincing the reluctant ones to pull in their weight. I’m glad to be able to give them something like this.
1 comment:
It is always nice to show a bit of kindness. I have just done that. I was in a acting position , in charge of a department while the other co-worker was on leave; the receptionists have been very helpful and supportive,today is my last day doing the job, I brought a box of chocolates for my two lovely,helpful cool receptionists-just to say thank you. Good co-workers makes the working environment a nice place to be in.
Post a Comment