Well, I'm back after a week long course in Negeri Sembilan. There was a bit of adjustment at first as I was the only Chinese lady there. However, people began to warm up to me and I made a few new friends. The organisers wanted us to 'gel' as we would be working closely together in the future as panel members in the interview board. SO we were taken to a Bowling Alley and asked to form in groups to bowl for our team. Listening to the yells and screams, you wouldn't believe these were senior civil servants !! Lectures were interesting - learning to read verbal and non-verbal messages, questioning techniques, building rapport with the candidates and a host of administrative stuff. We would be expected to take up our first assignment in mid August. I hope I am up to the task. Being able to select the most suitable candidates for the teaching profession is a huge responsibility. I have had my fair share of non-commited teachers, lousy teachers, uncaring teachers - good teachers are a gem indeed !!
Imagine! After reporting for work at the Institute, I haven't started 'real' work and I had to go for this course. However, the workers had already re-arranged my room according to my instructions. I will post photos later. The people at the Edu Ministry advised me to have a bag perpectually packed as I will be spending lots of time at the airport waiting lounge!!
1 comment:
Wow mum... you're now a high powered jet setter... looks like you'll be a seasoned business traveller.
And I think its such a wonderful opportunity to be places in this position. Hopefully you can make a small difference in churning out good teachers... I truly agree that good teachers are hard to find indeed...
Post a Comment