I've deliberately refrained from commenting about my work lest you folks think I've no life except in work. Well, I just came back from a meeting in Putrajaya ( the seat of power). Wow, you boys should make a visit there some day - it's both an architectural wonder and an engineering feat!. Anyway, the amount of security one has to undergo there is almost ridiculous. We had to surrender our I.C, get a pass and enter the building. The girl at the security counter, took copious notes as to where ( the floor, the division) we wanted to go. Then we were inside the belly of the building. To enter the main office, plce the electronic pass and the door will open. To enter the meeting room, another round of electronic pass - to go to toilet, another electronic pass. Hmm, policies were bandied about, argued and finally resolutions passed.
Meanwhile, back at the Institute, I've been moving about, making observation, asking lots of questions. I sense who the movers and shakers of powers within the Institute, who were the power brokers. I think I may have threathened the power base of some people. Certainly, this is not the simple, straight-forward scenario that I was accustomed to. There are political minefields to avoid!! I prayed about this and the Lord showed me this verse in Jeremiah 12: 5:- "If you have raced with men on foot and they have wearied you, how will you compete with horses? " But I know the Lord will continue to guide me in wisdom and sustain me as He had promised in Jeremiah 33:3 :- "Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things which you have not known."
1 comment:
At least you know you're safe...
It's amazing to hear that your arrival at this institution resulted in so much drama...
MH said that whenever a new person is appointed, it's an opportune time to make new changes because people almost always expect it... even if they may not welcome it... it's a good excuse to do all you can to strike while the iron is hot
You are in our prayers!
Post a Comment