Did something very patriotic last night. Went for Merdeka countdown at the Institute. At 9.30pm all the trainees and the lecturers were in the hall - the trainees sang patriotic songs, recited pantuns, syair and sang some more songs. The Pengarah and I cut the Merdeka cake - to the song of Happy Birthday Malaysia. Then we had some refreshments. At about 11.30 pm we gathered at the car park and waited for the countdown. As the minutes turned to seconds, everybody focussed their eyes on the TV screen and watch the 'live' telecast of the event beamed from Kucing. Soon it was 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 and everyone burst into "Negara Ku" followed by shouts of "Merdeka" 7 times. Then we sang "Jalur Gemilang" and "Malaysia Negara Ku" & "Wawasan". It was fun. Of course, as true Malaysians, no event is complete without a karoeke session. I left soon after that as I was dead tired having conducted 3 guelling days of interviews. ( I wonder who suffered more - the candidates or the interviewer!) Some of the responses from the candidates would certainly make Shakespeare turn in his grave !! Others I could easily send to Reader's Digest "Laughter the Best Medicine" and make some quick buck from there. However, I'm bound by confidentiality. Too bad !! (Grin)
No comments:
Post a Comment