Penning these thoughts from KL - in my nephew's computer room. I will be attending an International Education Conference in 'Palace of Golden Horses' on Monday. Being the holiday season, all the flights were fuly booked and I had no choice but to take a much, much earlier flight. At first, I chaffed at wasting my weekends away from home - I'd rather be sitting cosily in my own living room, watching telly with my dear hubby. Weekends are such precious times for me and my loved ones. But now I welcome my time spent with my niece and nephew. Their parents are away on holiday in China and they are left very much on their own. We planned on window shopping at KLCC tomorrow and I promised to cook nasi lemak for them. It's a time of sharing and getting to know them better. They are such wonderful children. Nevertheless the 'teacher' in me still had to admonish them to work out a study time table and to preach to them about the need to do well in their studies.
I think my children are very much pampered when they were of this age. We always go for trips together. I would never dream of leaving them at home while I galavant to the other side of the globe! They always had hot meals waiting for them cum lunch or dinner. Sigh! To each his own. Each one of us have different childhood experiences and I pray they will be resilient and grow to be wonderful individuals when they mature to adulthood.
1 comment:
Waaah... manja-ing other people's kids hey? Hmmm... I miss being manja-ed by mum too! And I need to get that recipe for your ikan bilis sambal... nasi lemak just doesn't taste the some without it.
Post a Comment