Thursday, January 31, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME

   (The pasar malam in Sri Gading - the satay stall)

En route to Langkawi I decided to take a detour to Sri Gading. It was quite an effort as I had to wait practically 4 hours before the taxi from BP could pick me from Nilai. Dad could never understand why I would want to take all the trouble to visit that backward village. But if you had been brought up in a certain place, the childhood memories still remain - the good together with the bad and as long as your parents still reside in that place, the pull is always there. And I was glad I went home, even if it`s for a short visit. Mum and dad were genuinely pleased to see me and I was happy to lie in bed with mum, just chatting. Mys sister and I walked with dad to the malay stall for mee rebus - the best ever!! ( Of course I had meant to take more photos of the old place but the battery ran out - sigh.. next trip perhaps)

No comments: