Serene and Meng How left for Singapore last Monday. While they were here we had a wonderful time of feasting together and chatting. It was good to have our children spending time with us. Now that they've left for S'pore, the house seems more empty. I can relate to my own father's wistful words during the times of our visits home ( with the children). "For a few days, the house will be so alive and after that it's quietness again." Ah! So I'm experiencing the empty nest syndrome!! Worse so for dad as he had to stay at home while I jet to KL.
Speaking of jet, MAS service is getting from bad to worse. First they cut down the meal portions, and that's ok with me. Then they introduce the pre-packed meals - consisting of sandwiches ( sometimes it's just bun kosong), an apple, a pack of water and a packet of something like koko pop. Now, airline food isn't something to shout about - but at least the nasi lemak or fish with noodles or chicken with rice does warm up the stomach. many passengers complained about the pre-packed meals but the stewardess only smiled. Guess MAS is not listening to its customers. Of course, they can do this as they are practically monopolising the Sabah-KL route. Hoping for a 3rd option.
Speaking of jet, MAS service is getting from bad to worse. First they cut down the meal portions, and that's ok with me. Then they introduce the pre-packed meals - consisting of sandwiches ( sometimes it's just bun kosong), an apple, a pack of water and a packet of something like koko pop. Now, airline food isn't something to shout about - but at least the nasi lemak or fish with noodles or chicken with rice does warm up the stomach. many passengers complained about the pre-packed meals but the stewardess only smiled. Guess MAS is not listening to its customers. Of course, they can do this as they are practically monopolising the Sabah-KL route. Hoping for a 3rd option.
To add insult to injury, the stewardess said that they only stock limited number of blankets for each trip. I was upset as I was on the 6.10 am flight and it was chilly in the plane. However, when I saw the male passengers tucked snugly in the blankets, I querried the stewardess. "Oh sorry, I forgot about your request but I'll ask the captain to lower the temperture for you." I felt the answer a little too slick and I told her off. I think the chill created by me was colder than the air temperature and later, she came back, apologising and gave me a large pack of peanuts as a peace offering. Not that I'm appeased but I took this pic to show you. Anyway, I'll be flying again this Monday morning and I think I'll see the lady again. Hum...mm
1 comment:
Peanuts can help to warm up your body... but risk of getting 'heatiness'. Hmmm, they stock up so much on peanuts but blankets so scarce!
Post a Comment