On my last night in BP, I stayed in my sister's house. Mum insisted on keeping me company. poor dad! He seemed a bit sad to see me off so early and kept asking : "Ha? Why are you going off so early?" I asked if he would like to go to BP too - he thought a long time and then shook his head. I guess he wanted to be persuaded but I didn't have the time to do so. YK's housing estate is also a gourmet's paradise. So many restaurants to choose from.
As the house was still under renovation, there was no furniture. So we spread the food on the floor - like refugees = : ) . We chatted the night away. I show her the photos we took during the "Tour Le' Pahang - Penang", the photos of our dinner in KL. She looked at the photos of her grandchildren - with sadness in her eyes. She missed their visits - especially from the youngest son. (Sigh) Children - you bring them up, you give your sweat and tears to ensure their success, and they conveniently forget you when they set up their own homes. Making every excuse not to come home. Look at the sadness in her eyes.
3 comments:
Just to let you know, Ken Lee and whole family is back to KK for Christmas.
i thought that was her usual expression...
From my conversations with her, there's deep sadness and disappointment at the way things turned out. She's been through a lot.
Post a Comment