Saturday, April 24, 2010

THE SUN RAIN ROOF

I have always been lamenting about the lack of rain shelter at the side porch ever since day one. It is nice to sit and enjoy the view on a sunny day but when it rains, I had to move back into the house. Yet I know that raining days are ideal for relaxing and contemplating. Day in day out I would mutter about the lack of such a shelter. Dad was unable to think of a suitable compromise. To have rain shelter and sacrifice the sky view or to have some kind of shade but sacrifice beauty? So the project was delayed until Sam came home last month. He came up with this concept _ See through tempered glass panel. So here it is ...... TRA - LA !!



I am so pleased with it. Beauty and functionality combined. Some photo angles for technical details

Thanks Sam and of course many thanks to dad for financing the project !!

2 comments:

jenQker said...

glass? what glass?! i only see clear blue sky! haha... magic!

wait till its maintenance time... father lee will be grumbling left right center.

Serenely said...

I can see the outline of the glass in the picture. The glass has a slightly greenish-bluish tint. Looks great, definitely way better than those garish looking green polycarbonate things.

As for maintenance, maybe wait for when one of the boys come back and send them to climb up there to clean it ^_^