Sunday, August 29, 2010

KICK-A-POO JOY JUICE

This soft drink brings back much memories. My dad used to order this drink for us when we went on family trips to Singapore. It was the best soft drink I ever had. The sizzle when the bottle cap was opened brought so much anticipation of the pleasure to come. The taste was so lemonly and it just cuts my palate. I remember wishing I had the courage to ask for another bottle when I had finished my drink - mind you - we had to share a bottle.

When I saw it again in the supermarket shelf, I just grabbed a bottle - hoping to bring back a slice of the past. Alas, what a disappointment. The taste was just fizzy and syrupy - nothing more to it. Not a hint of citrus. No, I don't think I was exaggerating - back then everything tasted much better. Sigh!!

No comments: