For years I've avoided Hong Kong. What's another island city? Can it be any different from Singapore. Once you've seen an island city, you've more or less seen them all. Well, finally I get to this metropolitan - what a surprise!! Singapore is CLEAN but Hong Kong is VIBRANT!! In Singapore, I always feel safe and the shopping is nice - lots of choice and you get the sanitised feeling at every shopping mall. In Hong Kong, I was surprised by the friendliness of the people. The shopping is interesting. The city pulsate with life and vigor.

There's the blend of the old and the new. Of course skyscrappers dominate the landscape, yet along the streets, traditional shops thrive. Traditional business ply their wares along the five foot ways - something you rarely see in Singapore.
Strangely there seems to an atmosphere of unhurried pace. Inspite of its population, I don't get the sense of 'mountains and seas of people'

Perhaps they are all in their 'pigeon holes' - I heard that the real estate is worse than Singapore's. people actually live in a space of about 600 - 800 sq ft.
But the people seem to thrive in this environment. Everyone seems be about doing something. Didn't see any beggars.

I just love the little shops - all filled with interesting items from China. One unique feature of Hong Kong is that the streets are identified by the ware they ply. Thus the Flower street , flowers from all over the world find their place here before they are exported.

In the midst of the hustle and bustle, the aged find time to indulge in their hobbies - just meeting up with friend, chat over Dim Sum or take their birds out for a breather. The Bird Street is where you can buy your pet bird and everything related to bird rearing

We enjoyed making short stops and browse the items in the shops.
The Ladies Market - like Petaling Street - only 4 times longer.

Nothing can beat the array of local food - We ate where the locals ate. The food was simply delicious. Mind you it's not cheap. A bowl of Ngau Chap can set you off HK 48/- but the servings are generous
I love HK now and won't mind going there again. Move over Singapore!!
There's the blend of the old and the new. Of course skyscrappers dominate the landscape, yet along the streets, traditional shops thrive. Traditional business ply their wares along the five foot ways - something you rarely see in Singapore.
Strangely there seems to an atmosphere of unhurried pace. Inspite of its population, I don't get the sense of 'mountains and seas of people'
Perhaps they are all in their 'pigeon holes' - I heard that the real estate is worse than Singapore's. people actually live in a space of about 600 - 800 sq ft.
But the people seem to thrive in this environment. Everyone seems be about doing something. Didn't see any beggars.
I just love the little shops - all filled with interesting items from China. One unique feature of Hong Kong is that the streets are identified by the ware they ply. Thus the Flower street , flowers from all over the world find their place here before they are exported.
In the midst of the hustle and bustle, the aged find time to indulge in their hobbies - just meeting up with friend, chat over Dim Sum or take their birds out for a breather. The Bird Street is where you can buy your pet bird and everything related to bird rearing
We enjoyed making short stops and browse the items in the shops.
The Ladies Market - like Petaling Street - only 4 times longer.
Nothing can beat the array of local food - We ate where the locals ate. The food was simply delicious. Mind you it's not cheap. A bowl of Ngau Chap can set you off HK 48/- but the servings are generous
I love HK now and won't mind going there again. Move over Singapore!!
1 comment:
Now I wish I could go there too... :(
Post a Comment