Keningau was host to the annual Sabah Games (aka SAGA). As my institut was one of the venues for some events, and being a committee member, I HAD to attend the opening ceremony - graced my our Chief Minister. I must say that our CM was equally spritely if not more so than the Sarawak CM (of course the former is much younger). Anyway, the opening ceremony was quite a spectacular event.
A bevy of beauties greeted the guests and ushered us to our seats. here i am - with the finalists of the recently concluded Unduk Nagdau contest ( Miss Harvest Queen). The one on my right is Diana, my student.
A closer look at these beauties - for my boys !!

The district Officer, Encik Amit Y., did a very good job co-ordinating the event. ( I can see a promotion looming up for him).
A bevy of beauties greeted the guests and ushered us to our seats. here i am - with the finalists of the recently concluded Unduk Nagdau contest ( Miss Harvest Queen). The one on my right is Diana, my student.
The district Officer, Encik Amit Y., did a very good job co-ordinating the event. ( I can see a promotion looming up for him).
More than 20,000 people turned up to witness the event and the organizers did not disappoint them. Popular local artistes entertained the crowd. Even the Merdeka celebration could not draw this crowd. The highlight was of course the fireworks display. The games will be a much talked about topic for the next couple of weeks. I must remember to congratulate Encik Amit on the success of the event.
3 comments:
wow... sabah games is now such a major event now. it seemed so obscure years ago... looks like it has come a long way since then
Hei, you think the boys are desperado or what !
thanks mom. will KIV ;)
Post a Comment