Well, the last goodbye has been said, the final hug and the phone has finally stopped ringing. I am now soaking in my new role as a retiree. Colleagues and students have been generous with their gifts of love. It's quite embarrassing actually to receive such much gifts and accolades from them. I don't deserve half of what is said, really. Just doing my job.
It will take some time to get used to not dressing up for work, not getting a regular cheque at the end of every month, not having a driver to take you from point A to point B ( background is Mr. Johny, my ex-driver)......not travelling business class, not staying in hotel at government expenses ..................On the other hand, no more filling up forms, no datelines to meet, no ISO, best of all, no more speeches to make.....
The highlight of my celebration was receiving an array of cakes from my dear children - so they remembered!!
Some friends and members of the family kept on asking what I plan to do after retirement ; "You'll be bored, you'll get restless.." Well, maybe so, but right now let me have the luxury of being bored. After 35 years of faithful service in the Ministry, I think I earn the right to have my well-earned rest.
So cheers to nothingness!!
So cheers to nothingness!!
2 comments:
haha enjoy!! if you're bored can jet off to play with Nathan :) stopover in Sydney (though unfortunately i don't live in a studio at Bondi)
The cupcakes look so yummy. I'm craving for a taste too! So happy you liked the surprise
Post a Comment