Tuesday, August 23, 2011

THE CLOCK OUT

Goodbyes are usually emotional affairs but my clocking out was a joyous occasion. I wonder who's happier - me or them.


As I posed in front of the Hilux that will take me one last round the institute, i joked that it was reminisce of my wedding.


No more walking round these corridors in search of certain people....


But I think I leave behind some achievements - notably, the institute's library. It was expanded during my tenure, equipped with more books and I had the centralized air condition going. I'm sure the students would be able to study here in comfort. I hope the librarian will set up a coffee kiosk - like the one I saw in Newcastle.

Then there's the Archive Division - where all the achievements of the institute ARE documented and displayed


My pride division - the setting up of Indigenous Study Division - this sets our institute apart from other institute as we planned to focus our research on indigenous pedagogy. I hope in 2 year's time, this institute will be able to hold a seminar or conference of international standing.... ( I must confess that I got this idea when visiting Newcastle. They had a centre for aborigine studies)



Final pose with some of the female staff - notice that some of them are already wearing my baju kurung.

Goodbye to this dining table - where I spent hours surfing the web, writing, reading and playing computer games.....

Final goodbye to this house. I have been kept safe in spite of all the stories of Toyols and "orang halus' that some of them regaled me with. My secret ? "He who is in you is stronger that he who is in the world."

3 comments:

jenQker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenQker said...

kudos! although am wondering if the 'thumbs up' was a sign of good riddance? haha... kidding mom.
pity i never actually got to visit/ stay at the keningau house.

Penny152 said...

could be.....could be.....