So our little granddaughter Olivia turned 4 months on 4th May . We decided to make a short trip to Singapore just to see her. It was so heartwarming to be able to see the baby again - although our reunion wasn't exactly warm t first.
Livvie looked at her kung-kung, then looked at por-por (me) and then turned to her maternal grandma in bewilderment. Her lips started to tremble and then she bawled in protest. Poor girl was overwhelmed by the new faces. Obviously she could make out that this new set of people who ooooo and aaahh and coooed over her were not in her immediate circle of familiar faces. But she soon warmed up to us.Clever girl indeed!!
 |
| Livvie out for a walk with Por Por |
( Livvie with Kung Kung and watching patiently as her daddy had his lunch)
Technology is indeed a boon for the modern mother. I used to wonder how my children were when I put them to bed - but was afraid of waking them up if I peeped at them. But now with the video camera, a mother can monitor her child's every movement without going to the room to check. So we observed that Livvie likes to cover her face when sleeping
This little granddaughter is such a sweet, patient girl. She would sit through a meal and observed the adults eating. She seemed to listen to every adult conversation - her eyes moving from one person to another, following the speaker's voice.
She loves listening to stories, but seems to prefer the rhythm of poetry. Her eyes shone with delight and her lips moved as if following the the rhymes. (I am not exaggerating!)
Livvie seems to exhibit a variety of expressions. I can imagine what was going through her mind......
 |
| Oh no, Kung Kung, the water looks deep, too deep for me |
 |
| You are NOT going to put me in THAT pool are you ? Serious? |
 |
| Please, Kung Kung, I am still a baby. I can't swim yet |
 |
| Ok, I'll make a deal with you....... |
I look forward to the day she can talk. What a conversation we might have !!
1 comment:
Love this! :D We are looking forward to when she is finally able to have a chat with her por-por and kung-kung too.
Post a Comment