The Lord is good indeed. Remember the aedes larva incident. We were told that we had to pay a RM 1,000.00 fine for the offence. Well, last Wednesday, the inspection team came back to the school – the Officer told me “ The offence carries a fine of RM1,000.00 but I am reducing it to RM150.00 for each offence. You don’t have to appeal. So you have to pay only RM300.00” Praise the Lord! His reasons for reducing the fine ? “You had been gracious to us and were co-operative when we conducted the inspection.” He said. I believed it was prayers answered. I had prayed fervently for God’s grace and intervention and that something good would come out of this incident. Since it was RM150 and not 1,000, I called Cikgu A and asked him : “How do you think we should settle this fine ?” He told me that the staff agreed that it was collective responsibility and they had agreed to chip in to pay the fine. Good. How marvelous. Just a month ago, I had checked them in a resort hotel on a team building seminar. So the results are showing. On Friday, the money was collected and presented to my office. Nevertheless, I cannot help but give him another round of tongue lashing. Mr D is another story – he is still holding to the other 150 fine. Unbeknown to him, another round of collection is being made – but let him suffer first !!
On another note, concerned friends and beloved children have called and expressed concern on my mental and emotional state having known of the injustice of promotion denied. Thank you. I am fine. There are more things in life than these worldly pursuits of fame and fortune. The Lord has taught me that those things are like “broken cisterns” – they can never hold water nor satisfy your soul’s thirst. Read Habakkuk 3:17-18 and you will understand why I can still rejoice in the Lord. If our happiness is found on material things, we will be crushed when we lose them. But if our joy is found in the Lord, nothing can disrupt it.
On another note, concerned friends and beloved children have called and expressed concern on my mental and emotional state having known of the injustice of promotion denied. Thank you. I am fine. There are more things in life than these worldly pursuits of fame and fortune. The Lord has taught me that those things are like “broken cisterns” – they can never hold water nor satisfy your soul’s thirst. Read Habakkuk 3:17-18 and you will understand why I can still rejoice in the Lord. If our happiness is found on material things, we will be crushed when we lose them. But if our joy is found in the Lord, nothing can disrupt it.
1 comment:
Strong faith gives strength and confidence,you lucky thing!
Post a Comment