Saturday, October 15, 2005

Leisurely Afternoon

Since the government introduced 5-day week, my Saturdays have been heavenly. Woke up late this morning, checked e-mail, then went out with dad to send his car to the workshop. We explored a new place for breakfast and then took a leisurely drive. Bought some groceries. Oh yes, also bougt some timber to be used as support for my Dragon Fruits plants. There was power cut when we reached home - that spoiled the day for dad. Grumbling on how ironic that Sabah, being an oil producing state can have such a disgraceful service - the whole staff in SEB should be sacked. This is scandalous !! And in Singapore, you don't get such nonsense. At the rate he goes, he might as well emigrate to Singapore !! Anyway, in the afternoon, attended Sunday School briefing - dad's doing the Bible Lesson ( Clap!Clap!). Then visited Grandma and spent the rest of the afternoon at her place. Dad prepared a light snack for us when we returned home. All in all, it was a nice day. We are having tuna spaghetti tonight.
On another note, the internet connection is sooooo slooow that I'm now an expert in Solitare, and thanks to MH. I have Text Twister to occupy me whilst waiting for the connection. (I know. I know - this is unheard of in S'pore, right?) I can complete at leat 5 rounds of solitare - just so you know.

2 comments:

SunnyPerth said...

Let me tell you my days.

I have yesterday off. Up at3.50 am (can't sleep) read for a while,then dozed off till 6am,ready for physio. Have to be punctual today as he was going to his round of golf.treatment for my neck, massage,trigger point.Pain went then returned in the afternoon. My doctorordered xray,CT scan,blood test, the lot.

Went to funeral,then took Yvonne's car battery to the shop, problem with the car, might be the alarm, might be the alternator.can't get it going, have to try again next Friday.
Taken out to dinner by the young doctors, young couple specialised in eye problems.

Saturday -managed to get an emergency dental appointment for Yvonne. The dentist is so busy but he know me and will always "fit" me in. I have been very lucky with my dentist and my doctor who do not charge me extra and will always fit me in. If I can't get pass the receptionist, I have her private and her mobile number. She rang me today for the result of my CT scan, now I need to see a specialist..things are going from bad to worst..will just have to wait and see what my specialist say. HE is my doctor, a professor I worked with in the hospital.
Yvonne ended up having a "big" filling .When i look after them, they complain that I nagged,when i leave her to make her decision, it ended up that I have to pick up the pieces, thus the big filling!

Morning was all chores but afternoon was good. Afternoon tea by the Swan river, a restaurant called the Left bank. Lovely place, lively, funky and good music. Sitting under the pine tree,in the courtyard,music flowing,looking out to the Swan river,leisure boats filled with tanned,beautiful young people sailing pass, leaving the laughters and the music behind.... Lovely "soft" warm sun ,gentle breeze ...,good coffee, what a lazy,leisure afternoon!
Dinner is Thai,another friend.
I am lucky with all these friends,knowing that I am a bit upset, they are all showing their support..breakfast,lunch and dinner...I am a busy person!

Penny152 said...

Good for you ! By the way, you already have a blog. Just click to your sunnyperth and it's there. Right now, it's empty. try again huh ?