It rained incessantly the whole day, yesterday. Today, bright and shinning. I called the office to say I won’t be coming in – and if anyone wants to see me, come another day.
First, I went to collect some documents which I had earlier sent for printing (they are for the Strategic Planning workshop). Then I walked over to get duplicate copy of the key to the proton (since Paul would be coming home soon, I guess it’ll be safer to get another copy of the key) One the way, I passed an optometrist and I decided to get my glasses fixed. The optometrist was very chatty ( a graduate of Melbourne uni) and in the end I forked out RM520/- to get a new pair of glasses and new lenses for my sunglasses. Passed the bakery store – temptation – to buy the egg tarts or not? Yes? No? In the end, I didn’t . (hurray for will power – Sam would fail dismally)
Then I drove to Centre Point – send the speakers of my computer to be serviced. Went to Patrick’s for hair wash and a trim. Jackie, the hair stylist gave me a stylish cut – I think I look rather chic ( ahem!) As I walked out of the hair salon, I was assailed by the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. It smelled so good ! I wish my sisters were here with me – then we could sit around, drink our coffee and talk…we could shop a little and hang out at the mall and drink some more coffee. Why sisters ? Children have their own ‘things to do’. Husband – they don’t have the patience to stroll around and buy nothing and besides, they gulp their coffee! But sisters are such soul mates – we can sit and talk or we can sit and just not talk – just sip our coffee….it’s a nice and comfortable feeling.
First, I went to collect some documents which I had earlier sent for printing (they are for the Strategic Planning workshop). Then I walked over to get duplicate copy of the key to the proton (since Paul would be coming home soon, I guess it’ll be safer to get another copy of the key) One the way, I passed an optometrist and I decided to get my glasses fixed. The optometrist was very chatty ( a graduate of Melbourne uni) and in the end I forked out RM520/- to get a new pair of glasses and new lenses for my sunglasses. Passed the bakery store – temptation – to buy the egg tarts or not? Yes? No? In the end, I didn’t . (hurray for will power – Sam would fail dismally)
Then I drove to Centre Point – send the speakers of my computer to be serviced. Went to Patrick’s for hair wash and a trim. Jackie, the hair stylist gave me a stylish cut – I think I look rather chic ( ahem!) As I walked out of the hair salon, I was assailed by the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. It smelled so good ! I wish my sisters were here with me – then we could sit around, drink our coffee and talk…we could shop a little and hang out at the mall and drink some more coffee. Why sisters ? Children have their own ‘things to do’. Husband – they don’t have the patience to stroll around and buy nothing and besides, they gulp their coffee! But sisters are such soul mates – we can sit and talk or we can sit and just not talk – just sip our coffee….it’s a nice and comfortable feeling.
3 comments:
What a nice time you had with your "alone time".
Since your sisters are not around, you can ask any of your kids out for coffee anytime. We (or at least I) promise not to gulp the coffee.
I would love to spend a leisurely, relaxing afternoon with my sisters, I missed them so much. Fremantle would be a lovely place to sip coffee and watch the world go by. It is not humid, not hot at this time and they do make lovely coffee here! We should do it soon!
productive... and happening.
Post a Comment