Monday, January 02, 2006

Season for Wedding

Dad and I attended a wedding this morning. I was more inclinded to loaf around the house – this being the last day of the holidays. However, as both the groom and the bride’s parents are dad’s good friends, I had to tag along. The ceremony was simple but beautiful. The couple chosed Ruth 1:16-17 as their bible text – “Where you go, I will go. Where you stay, I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God, my God…..” It was a bit unusual as mostly, people will choose from 1 Corinthians 13: 4 as their bible text. So it’s a nice change. The groom’s father, Dr. Thu delivered the sermon. After that, there was a trio presentation by some lecturers from Sabah Theological Seminary. It was very good. The wedding dinner tonight is at Tg Aru Beach Hotel. I hope it will be a dignified affair.
I have attended a couple of wedding dinners earlier last week and I didn’t quite enjoy them. At one dinner, the MC made so much errors - -protocol-wise and her voice was so screeching that it was a pain each time she came on stage. At another dinner, the entertainment was overwhelming – karoeke singers, Malaysian Idols wannabes – don’t they realize people would want to chat a little, catch up with old friends over news? I think Serene and Meng How’s wedding was a well-planned, dignified affair. The MCs (aka known as the bride’s brother) was humourous in a tasteful manner. The other brother dedicated a simple but meaningful song to the newly-weds. Friends still sometimes refer to their wedding as a benchmark of how a wedding banquet should be.(Smile) By the way, I met Irene’s father at this morning’s wedding. He is back here to gather materials for his thesis. Irene will be getting married in May. I’m sure she will look lovely – with her winning smile.

1 comment:

Serenely said...

*Sigh*
It really was a beautiful wedding dinner... thanks to the entire family, especially my 2 talented brothers. The short mention of the happy occasion still makes me feel all warm inside.