We discovered that Buddy had been sneaking out at night to meet her canine ‘friends’. I was puzzled that for the last few mornings, when I drive out to work, she was waiting patiently outside the gate. Sometimes there was a gang of four canines waiting at the gate with her.
At first, I thought I had inadvertly locked her out at night. Poor dog, out the whole night! But this had been happening quite a number of times and I can’t be that careless, can I? One day I caught her jump into the drain and wriggled her way out through the opening at the fence. Dad was skeptical when I told him of Buddy’s trick – no way could the dog jump down that drain and although we hid to spy on her, she never did it while dad was around. So my story went unverified. Until this morning. It was the maid’s day out. Buddy stood obediently near the fence and watched the maid walked away. Immediately as she walked out of sight, Buddy dived into the drain, but sensing me watching her, she came back to me, wagging her tail and baring her teeth in a sheepish smile. Then as I was about to close the front door, she dashed to the drain again – “Buddy?” I called and she was back again, smiling sheepishly.
Dad found her outside the gate – which confirmed my report of Buddy sneaking out. He decided to block the drain. As he was getting a plank, lo and behold, he saw Buddy jumping into the drain, only to jump up again when she saw daddy! Mystery solved. I feel vindicated!!
Dad found her outside the gate – which confirmed my report of Buddy sneaking out. He decided to block the drain. As he was getting a plank, lo and behold, he saw Buddy jumping into the drain, only to jump up again when she saw daddy! Mystery solved. I feel vindicated!!
2 comments:
So sneaky!!! I hope she didn't get herself pregnant... can't remember if we had her neutered yet?
we have
Post a Comment