Sunday, July 01, 2007

TO ACCEPT OR REJECT

Last week, big boss from KL came to officiate our Institute Excellence Service Award. We laid out all the works - no effort was spare to make it a grand one. Earlier on during our preparatory meeting, I had insisted that the event be made special for the recipients. Apart from the certificate and cash award, each recipient was to be given a bouquet of orchids ( my favourite flowers!). The high tea was elegant ( thanks to the lecturers from Home Science Department). 

Earlier on, during a lull, the big boss had asked me to consider accepting an offer to head one of the Institute in West Malaysia ( a Pengarah - no less!). He had raised this issue with me last month when I was in KL ( at tea time too!). At that time I had said empatically "No ". This time he asked me to consider again. I hemmed and hawed and said there are family matters to consider. Dad said "No problem" but I'm still hesitant. I'll wait upon the Lord. 

Meanwhile there has been a lot of drama in the Institute ground - Political manouvres, back stabbing of office colleagues, deception and fraud. It was the stuff of tv soap ! Really the office politics you see in tv is well and true and thriving in our society! Apart from this, all other stuff I do are confidential - so can't blog - sorry kids!!

Meanwhile dad and I are happy the big sister and sil had made special effort to look up younger sibling in Newcastle. And those photos - at last, after 3 years, we get to get a glimpse of the college hostel grounds. Thanks

4 comments:

Serenely said...

wow mum... cool stuff... solid man! i think its already tremendously uplifting to know that your efforts are being recognised despite the persecution from the 'chickens' around. you are an eagle!

yeah, we had a great time catching up with paul in newcastle. and really, if not for us, i don't know when you will ever get to see such photos. paul was already looking embarassed with us 'sakai' relatives snapping photos of his hostel grounds!

mamaktua said...

Well done! Go for it. You will go out with a bigger pension and better superannuation,Abang can wait ,and it is worth waiting!

So proud of you and to think if you are in the position, you can made a difference, ,so do it for your Country!

mamaktua said...

My other niece (Suan) is coming to Perth, we are looking forward to catching up. Look up in your letter box, invitation is coming!

mamaktua said...

Friendship made when one is young last a very long time.I have two very good friends, both nurses. One went with me to UK and though we went our separate way, living in different countries, the friendship remained.We do not see one another, hardly rings not even exchange Christmas card; but when we meet, it is like we have never been being apart, we just pick up what we left the last time we were together.There is so much love and caring there.

I met the other friend when I first went to Hong Kong, she was the first nurse I met. I couldn't speak Cantonese at the time and she did not speak Mandarin, our eyes met, we laughed, a hearty laugh; that began our long translantic friendship.

We talked often, we shared our joy, our griefs, our humour and our dreams. We travelled many miles, enjoying each other's company, We had fights, we had arguements; but it soon passed.

These are my friends, I loved them and treasured them.