Friday, April 04, 2008

PTK RE-VISITED

I just completed on psychometric test 'on-line' 196 questions to be answered in less than an hour. The "YES' or "NO" response didn't make the questions any easier. For example how do you respond to a statement like " I'm always smiling and laughing" Yes? No? If I say "YES", then I might be graded as a silly person, maybe even mad. If I say "NO", it would give the impression that I'm a glum person with no sense of humour. Why isn't there a 3rd alternative - SOMETIMES. Another question - "I always forgive a person's wrongdoings and not bothered by his rude behaviour"- there are 2 parts to this statement - which one should I respond to? I may forgive but I may not like the rude behaviour. But this exercise isn't so bad compared to the grilling 3 days I spent in Genting Highlands ( together with 80 others). There we had to do presentations after presentations.It was like taking the PTK exam all over again.

1 comment:

Serenely said...

The questions like look they were written by 'primary school' kids... so point blank.