This week I've been in a cooking frenzy. On Friday, made risotto for lunch and dad had it for dinner too. On Saturday, made 'chang' - lots of them. had them for lunch and dinner. Sunday we has assam fish kway teow - at our regular shop in Damai. Hmm, the standard has dropped - just sour tasting soup, none of the thick soup with aromatic spices. Told the 'towkay neoh' of our disappointment. Meanwhile I'm pleased with my bread making skills. Have been baking loaves and loaves of bread - nuts and raisins. They were finished within the day made. Previously I followed the recipe religiously but the bread often turned out too heavy. Now I've modified the recipe and I am proud to say they are better than store-bought quality.
We went to 1 Borneo this morning. Bought some tit-bits to munch (tv time). Had lunch in Penang Village. I must say the food did not do justice to the price. RM8.90 for a plate of fried kway teow!! For that price, I could get 2 plates of the same and a drink in Damai - and the taste was nothing to die for. RM 6.90 for cendol. Even the cendol in Megamall, KL is better and it costs only RM5.00. 1 Borneo better attract more foreign tourists otherwise I doubt the locals can afford to frequent the place.
Meanwhile congrats to Paul on the provisional scholarship. Congrats to Serene on your promotion. Congrats to Sam on that heafty pay raise !!. Wah! I'm going to have a great time being 'belanja-ed' by you people. : )
We went to 1 Borneo this morning. Bought some tit-bits to munch (tv time). Had lunch in Penang Village. I must say the food did not do justice to the price. RM8.90 for a plate of fried kway teow!! For that price, I could get 2 plates of the same and a drink in Damai - and the taste was nothing to die for. RM 6.90 for cendol. Even the cendol in Megamall, KL is better and it costs only RM5.00. 1 Borneo better attract more foreign tourists otherwise I doubt the locals can afford to frequent the place.
Meanwhile congrats to Paul on the provisional scholarship. Congrats to Serene on your promotion. Congrats to Sam on that heafty pay raise !!. Wah! I'm going to have a great time being 'belanja-ed' by you people. : )
1 comment:
Wow... can share the recipe??? I hope it’s not too complicated, though...
Good to hear everyone great news... congrats to everyone! And of course we will belanja you anytime, even without promotions and pay rises. But you make milk the opportunity while you can! ^ ^
Post a Comment