Saturday, December 12, 2009

HOME COMING 3

After our breakfast, dad and I took a stroll. He was proud to show me what other developments that is taking place in the village. But I was more interested in other things like ...............
The old shop lot where dad used to work - Ban Hoe Enterprise. It was the 'supermartket' in its heyday.
I remember this river used to be broader and deeper. It was teaming with commercial activities. Sampans after sampans would dock in front of 'Ban Hoe' to unload stuff from the interior. Ban Hoe did a bustling trade selling sundries to the people living in 'upriver'.
The Majlis Bandaran where all decisions were debated and passed. I used to hang around the building when dad was conducting the village meetings. Those were the days. Everything looks run down now.

1 comment:

jenQker said...

yea.. better visit MY hometown soon too. haha