Monday, May 17, 2010

HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY

Was in Kuantan for this year's Teacher's Day celebration. It was my 1st trip to Kuantan and i was surprised how modern and developed it was. ( Actually imagined that it was like Kampar) We put up at a lovely resort - Bukit Gambang Resort city. (View from my room). But the weather was v humid and we were mostly cooped up in the meeting room.

This year's celebration was better organised. I could tell that the organizers had put in tremendous effort to ensure the success of the event. I met my ex- BPG boss. He was the one who offered me a place in KL back in 2007 - but at that time I told him : "Thanks but no....... thanks anyway."

Giant pens dominated the stage. The presentations were also very upbeat and modern - quite a change from those traditional dances. Next year's organisers will have to top this.

Being a 'good' civil servant - I decided to save the government's money by not staying at a hotel but put up in brother's place. Besides, I wanted to catch up with my niece and nephew. As usual, they were such gracious hosts - I had a choice of "Where and What do you want for dinner?" So I asked for Teochew porridge. My brother and sis-in-law deliberated as where would be the best place to go....... then I changed my mind - "How about clay pot rice?" Another round of deliberation...... and finally we ended in a shop that sells both. The best of both worlds - so I had my cake and ate them as well!!

So here are pic of the couple and....... LOOK !! Does the daughter look like the mother ?? ? ?

No comments: