Friday, June 17, 2011

MILESTONE - OLD AND NEW

Looking at my parents, I can't help but recall a line by Robert Frost ; "I have many miles to go before I sleep....miles to go before I sleep.." Indeed, this man has walked many miles. Not to romanticise the past, I am much aware he had not been the 'perfect father'. He was a strict disciplinarian but we are what we are because of him - the good and the bad.

  Birthdays and feast days are excuses for families to get together and I'm sure the old folks looked forward to our visits. It's not just the eating, but the gathering. It's always hard to say goodbye after each visit. I do choke up at times when I see him sitting forlornly at the swing, watching each car drive off. I could see the sadness in his eyes.

  
She has walked many miles with him. A bit nagging at times - but ever the faithful companion.

  A kiss and a hug from loving grand daughter. Who else but grand daughters ?

  
Another milestone was covered when Tze Yee celebrated her birthday on the same day. I believe parents should make a big deal ( not to be confused with lavish) of their children's birthdays. Just to let them know that : "Hey, we're glad you came into this family and YOU are important to us."

  
She has many more miles to cover....... HAPPY 11th BIRTHDAY!!

  

1 comment:

jenQker said...

aww... schweet!