Thursday, March 20, 2014

CHICKEN COOK IN BAG

Serene brought these back last Christmas. There were so many other things to eat that I had no time to try out using the cook in bag for my roast chicken. So this week, I decided to try it out.

The result was this ........
It was a fuss free, no mess kind of cooking. My oven was spotlessly clean after the chicken was done. However I find the chicken was more broiled than roasted. The skin was brown (due to the seasonings) but it was not crisp. The aroma that comes from a roast was missing.  The positive point was that the vegetable comes out very moist.

My verdict? I prefer the old fashion roast method. On the other hand this method would be good for herbal chicken.

1 comment:

Serenely said...

Thanks for sharing the results. It looks pretty tasty from the photos actually. But you are right, this is just a shortcut method. nothing beats old fashion roast