A few lecturers and I were sharing about our children, when they were younger then. One of them commented : "I miss those 'puppy years". and another chipped in : "Oh yes, I'm experiencing the 'cat years' now.
Puzzled, I asked them what they meant. "Puppy years" are years when the children were still affectionate with you, huggy and very excited over simple things you do for them. They would chat and share every aspect of their lives with you. "Cat years" on the other hand are the years when the children accept the hospitality of the home but disdain to allow you to be too close to you, and they do as they pleased. My position is : I have neither puppy nor cat years.
Puzzled, I asked them what they meant. "Puppy years" are years when the children were still affectionate with you, huggy and very excited over simple things you do for them. They would chat and share every aspect of their lives with you. "Cat years" on the other hand are the years when the children accept the hospitality of the home but disdain to allow you to be too close to you, and they do as they pleased. My position is : I have neither puppy nor cat years.
Speaking of cat and dogs, I remember the time when the children were still in play school and I casually remarked "Oh, Paul is born in the year of the rat" Serene raised her eyebrows and asked "SO what about me " "You were born in the year of the monkey." Peals of laughter from Sam : Serene you're in the monkey!" "And Sam?" "Year of the dog". Whispers and laughter again. And both of them came to me again : "Tell us again : What animal ?" And each time I told them their zodiac years, they would burst out in laughter. I was puzzled why they find the information so funny.
Then Serene asked : "So am I really born in the EAR of the monkey ? And Paul in the EAR of the rat. And Sam in the EAR of the dog?" Everybody laughed till their tummy ached. Puzzle solved!! So they had visions of themselves stuck in the EARS of their zodizc animals !! No wonder they find the news so ticklish!! Oh the innocence of children!!
Then Serene asked : "So am I really born in the EAR of the monkey ? And Paul in the EAR of the rat. And Sam in the EAR of the dog?" Everybody laughed till their tummy ached. Puzzle solved!! So they had visions of themselves stuck in the EARS of their zodizc animals !! No wonder they find the news so ticklish!! Oh the innocence of children!!
1 comment:
Hahahahaha... I really burst out laughing out loud when I read that. Really mum, you should have submitted some of these stories to Readers Digest, so original!
Post a Comment