When I chose Newcastle University, I was attracted by the name - it conjoured images of castles, moats, knights etc... Ok, I must admit - it was much cheaper than the bigger Uni. Of course, i was attracted by its reputation as a uni renowned for its engineering programs and research. The uni representative described the place as ' natural surroundings, lush vegetation'. Well, she was not lying. My first impression when I reached the University was, " It's like going to Papar - by the old road." But the place grows on you - soon it is more like going to Kundasang - with it numerous footpaths. Newcastle U is a very walkable uni. As I look back, I can appreciate the uni policy of preserving the natural surroundings - it's unique and has a homely feel to it. The facilities are adequate, up-to-date, though not luxurious. I just love the libraries. I think I can spend lots of quality time there. No regrets sending my son there - I'm thankful that the quality of teaching there has sharpened his intellect and brought out the best in him. Dad is impressed by the way the uni chose to exploit the different designs / aspects in engineering in the buildings. I'm just contented to enjoy its natural and peaceful environment.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
NEWCASTLE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Second picture...the one with you and the tree is actually Hunter valley... At the tourist information center...
Post a Comment