Saturday, December 06, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME

After 2 weeks in Australia, I'm glad to be home again. Thanks to Serene and Meng How for making our holiday such a memorable one. We had a great time trying out the different food - Han's Thai Food in Garden City, the Yee Tow Mei Fun, the Fish and Chips in Freemantle, the best pizza in Mundaring and Tony Roma's Roast Ribs. Not forgetting the numerous cups of coffees and teas we drank.
Upon coming home, I had to spend 2 days to recuperate from the holidays - just slept. Just in time to be refreshed again to welcome Paul home - cooking chilli mussels, korma curry and vinegar pork trotters (chu keok). Also I managed to replicate the Yee Tow Mei Fun ( I think it's decently delicious). And to put up the Christmas tree ( see the comparison with the one in Australia)
Our theme is blue and white while the Yau's blue and maroon/ red?


Looking at the Yau's home, I appreciate the fact that they went all out to get ready their home for us. It was decently comfortable and I look forward to see their garden grow. But I'm a homebody so as the saying goes : "East is east and West is west. Wherever I go and wherever I wander, home is still the best."

No comments: