Sunday, March 19, 2006

LISTENING SKILLS

Today in church, I learnt(much to my shame) that one of my Sunday School kid is actually a Korean. Last year, her attendence was irregular, and she was generally quiet in class. This year, she has been very consistent and more talkative. Normally on informal session, I would spend some time talking to the children about their school, their favourite food etc. Children just love to share their thoughts. One Sunday I asked them what they did during the last December hols. and they were eager to tell me of their hols in Australia, in New Zealand etc. I don't like to encourage this kind of talk as I realised that there are many other children who could not afford an overseas hols. and this sharing could cause envy. So I changed the subject. This little girl whispered to me that she went to Korea to visit her grandma. Excuse me? I thought I heard wrongly so I just said, "Good, good." Now I realise she was telling me a fact. Today she inroduced her father and grandmother to me. Oh, Koreans!! No wonder she was studying in an international school! Must improve my listening skills.
Spent the rest of the day watching the Commonwealth Games. The Marathon. Gives me a chance to see the Melbourne landscape. University of Melbourne is beautiful! Lucky Sam!!

2 comments:

Serenely said...

Seems like quite a no. of koreans are now residing in Sabah?

jenQker said...

haha. cant wait to visit melbourne eh? its even better if you experienced it for yourself.
melbourne tourism board should pay for saying that.