Saturday, October 24, 2009

BIDOR - CHICKEN BISCUIT

Soon it was time to head back to Kuala Lumpur. We stopped at Bidor for lunch. I still remember Bidor from my school excursion to Cameroon Highlands (back in 1975). Bidor was just a small town with only two rows of shops. There was a small restaurant 'Pun Chun" where we stopped over for lunch and bought the famous chicken biscuits. The little town has grown to a bustling town. It felt alive and vibrant.

I was happy to see Pun Chun restaurant has expanded to 2 shoplots. The wan tan mee soup was as good as ever - with generous helping of char siew.
There were so many fruit stalls. Here was the hugest mango I ever seen !
Packets and packets of rose apples. (Jambu air in malay)
There were petai, gathered from the jungle.
And fresh lotus seeds, barleylime, langsat and guavas
Custard apples by the boxes.
And of course - durians, huge ones.
Inevitably, we would sample them. We had some jungle durians - very pungent indeed

No comments: